RWB 87 - Leyland PD2
Bodywork: Weymann, 58 seats
Original owner: Sheffield Transport, Fleet No. 687
Year built: 1954
Part of Museum Collection
This vehicle was delivered new to Sheffield Transport Department as No. 687 and spent the majority of its early working life on the Middlewood to Eccleshall route as a replacement for the tram service. Later it would have been cascaded to less demanding duties.
On withdrawal in 1967 the vehicle was sold to Mellors of Goxhill where it was used as a stores shed.
In 1985 No. 687 was purchased for preservation and following extensive restoration work which was completed in summer 2016.
No. 687 is now part of our active fleet and is available for use.